Spindle drive for dc motors
A new drive — the GP16 precision spindle from maxon precision motors inc. — combined with a dc motor makes it possible to transform rotary motion into axial motion.
• Gearheads, motors, encoders, and controllers from maxon's standard program are used to drive the spindles; metric M6 spindle with a self-locking function, or a 5-mm ballscrew for efficiency, high load capacity, and no self-locking • Axial bearing withstands high tractive and compressive spindle forces • 14 planetary gearhead reduction ratios are available, from 4.4 to 850:1 — for feed forces of 35 to 370 N, and to 400 N for short durations • Nine different brushed and brushless motors may be used to drive the system; controllers feature a wide range of functions as well as CANopen or EtherCAT
(508) 677-0520 • maxonmotorusa.com
Direct-drive rotary stage
CCS series rotary stages from Aerotech Inc. feature integrated captured collet chucks to enable automated material handling.
• Collet chucks used with the CCS family accept C, D, or Levin-style collets from machine-tool component suppliers in sizes supporting tube diameters of 0.1 to 27 mm — for outstanding runout characteristics in applications requiring high-precision gripping of tubular material • Allows work-piece advance without manual realignment to compensate for axial tube motion during clamp/unclamp cycles • Mounting features on the housing support wet-cutting accessories; the stage tolerates moderate fluid leakage into the aperture • Direct-drive brushless motor technology means no brushes to replace and no gear trains or belts to maintain, plus quicker acceleration and higher speeds
(412) 967-6854 • aerotech.com/product-catalog/stages/rotary-stages.aspx
Tape-extension position sensor
WB25 Series Positape tape-extension position sensors from ASM Sensors Inc. suit applications requiring cable pulleys due to space limitations.
• Flexible, stainless steel measurement tape is 10-mm wide, 0.08-mm thick; tape dust wiper cleans the tape each time it is retracted into housing • Measures up to 12, 15, 20, or 25 m, depending on model • 0.5 to 10 V analog output, and 0.5 to 4.5 and 4 to 20 mA; ±0.05% linearity of full scale; magnetic encoder translates linear motion into electrical signal
(630) 832-3202 • asm-sensor.com
Open-frame power supply
The MVAB120 Series 1U open-frame 120-W ac/dc power supply from Murata Power Solutions Inc. is suitable for industrial applications.
• 2 × 4 × 1.35-in. supply minimizes waste heat; delivers up to 75 W; single-output models include 12, 24, or 48 Vdc • 90 to 264 Vac and 120 to 300 Vdc input, withstands -10° to 50° C • Over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature protections
(800) 233-2765 • murata-ps.com
Omega Engineering Inc. OSXL-I Series (FLIR I Series) thermal cameras are compact and lightweight.
• Point-and-shoot camera, focus-free lens stores up to 5,000 jpeg images with thumbnail image gallery • Easier, faster, more accurate, and safer to use than infrared thermometers • 2.8-in. LCD color display simplifies temperature reads, allowing location of energy loss and moisture damage, documentation, energized-equipment detection, uptime maximization
(800) 726-6342 • omega.com/pptst/OSXL-I_Series.html
An inching drive option from Rexnord Corp. is now available for the Falk V-Class gear drive.
• Inching drive enables full-load inching operation on the gear drive, allowing slow-speed operation of equipment for inspection and maintenance • Drive can also run continuously to prevent freeze-up of components in harsh or cold environments • Utilizes Falk Ultramite gear drive mounted to the main gear drive, coupled via an overrunning clutch — allowing automatic disengagement when main motor operates
(414) 643-3000 • falkv-class.com
E-Stop Button with illumination
A 30-mm Mount Illuminated Emergency Stop pushbutton from Banner Engineering Corp. combines status indication and safety.
• Highly visible illumination, integrates EZ-LIGHT logic • When button is pushed, the yellow illumination turns to a flashing red to alert operators of an emergency stop condition; yellow illumination can also turn to a steady red indication when a STOP condition exists by applying an external signal via the M12 QD connector • IP65-rated design and mounting base, lower installation costs; can be interfaced and series connected with CSS Series Hookup Cordsets • Flush (surface) mount models also available • Safe Break Action to ensure contacts open if block is separated from actuator • Push-to-stop, twist-to-release, or pull-to-release actuator and direct (positive) opening operation compliant with ANSI B11.19, ANSI NFPA79, ISO 13850 and IEC/EN 60204-1 Emergency Stop requirements and meets worldwide safety standards with a red button and yellow background
(888) 373.6767 • youtube.com/watch?v=qc2cwAd-VZk
Bonding withstands vibration, mechanical shock
MasterSil 153 two-component silicone from Master Bond features easy handling with a one to one mix ratio by weight and its paste consistency allows for precise application in electrical, aerospace and medical applications.
• Low exotherm and long working life of 5 to 7 hours at room temperature; self priming system, which enhances bonding abilities to a wide variety of similar and dissimilar substrates, including most metals, plastics, glass, ceramic and cured silicone rubber • Withstands -65° to over 400° F • 20-35 Shore A hardness improves repairability; excellent electrical insulation capabilities, superior water resistance
(201) 343-8983 • masterbond.com/properties/thermal-cycling-resistant-adhesives
The NITRA line of AutomationDirect pneumatic products has been extended to include air pilot valves, foot pedal valves, and manual control valves.
• AVS-5 series now includes single and double-pilot directional control air pilot valves, offering spring return or center-closed operation • NITRA CVS series directional control foot pedal valves are five-port (four-way) spool valves designed for non-electrical operator control applications; momentary or latching operation models, foot pedal valves feature a ¼-in. NPT port with 0.80 flow coefficient • Manual valves in toggle-style hand lever, push-pull, and rotary-style hand lever models; aluminum alloy bodies, available port sizes from 1/8 to ½-in. NPT with flow coefficients from 0.78 to 5.29
(800) 633-0405 • automationdirect.com/manual-air-valves