Pack Expo is back in Las Vegas. This show is big business to many people, and day one was marked by a few new product releases. There are speakers on center stage, and miles of booths, so be sure to sign up for our daily newsletter to stay up to date with the show.
Here are a few companies I was able to meet with, and a quick view of what some other booths were up to.
Delta, at Booth No. C-3400, released several new products. Among them is the new DIACloud Platform for real time remote monitoring, maintenance, and data collection. This cloud-based solution for remote monitoring, maintenance, and data collection/storage enables devices to securely communicate as if they are on the same network. Each user can connect and see device status online or through Delta’s DIACloud phone app.
Enabling hardware products (DX-2100 3G GSM Cloud Router/Gateway, DX-2300 Ethernet Cloud Router/Gateway and DX-3001 Ethernet/3G VPN Router) can easily connect legacy and standard non-Delta devices to the platform. Monitoring is simplified with SMS and e-mail alarms, and Delta’s worldwide server network eases connectivity. Delta’s patented technology for authentication, authorization, and data encryption ensures that the device is secure end-to-end.
Epson (Booth S-6372) released the new T3. The big switch here is that users get the speed and repeatability of a Epson robot, but all of the controls are inside the robot—they got rid of the battery and kept the backup battery. It costs $7,500. Though not a cobot, this new robot was focused at replacing slides with a fast reliable, and cost effective device.
In order to get price down, Epson’s engineers built everything—even the motor encoders. “We have deviated from this in past years, but we brought it back for the T3 and have been really happy with the performance we were able to get for the price,” says Rick Brookshire, group product manager for Epson Robots.
- Be sure to check out Festo’s Motion Terminal, it is the first pneumatic-automation platform controlled by apps at Booth No. C-5408.
- Gerhard Schubert GmbH shows how to pack chocolates at Booth No. S-7665.
- WIPOTEC's HC-A-IS brings high-speed check weighing accuracy and precision to cylindrical products at Booth No. 1454.
- StanTech Packaging Machines’ complete cartoning solutions are on display at Booth No. S-8155.
- Come see live demonstrations of Reiser’s wide range of food processing and packaging equipment and solutions at Booth No. S-6125.
- Fallas Automation has multiple retail-ready or lay flat patterns, all on one machine at Booth No. C-2722.
With more than 2,000 exhibitors and more than 30,000 attendees, this isn’t even representing 1% of the show. Check out the event's homepage for more details, and maybe I’ll see you on the show floor.