Bosch Rexroth knows that all work and no play makes for a boring workplace and that some of the best ideas come from playful creativity. To celebrate the fun side of engineers and engineering, Bosch has a new section on their Web site called, "Creative Diversions." Visitors will find new Rexroth Top Ten lists and other fun items to help you relax, rejuvenate, and stimulate creativity.
For the current Top Ten list, Bosch associates were asked to send humorous endings to the sentence, "You know you're an engineer if ..." Here are the top answers received:
You know you're an engineer if ...
9. At home, you rearrange the dishwasher to maximize dirty dish density.
8. You stare at an orange-juice container because it says "concentrate."
7. You know the direction the water swirls when you flush and have used this information to extrapolate your GPS coordinates.
6. You own a software program to design the furniture layout in your house.
5. You've tried to repair a $5 radio, and used $20 worth of solder to do it.
4. You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
3. During Thanksgiving dinner, you find yourself calculating the load-bearing capacity of Aunt Martha's chair.
2. You spent more on your calculator than you did on your wedding ring.
1. You've already calculated how much money you make per second.
To access the site, go to www..boschrexroth-us.com and type "Creative Diversions" in the Search box. In 2006, Bosch celebrated 100 years, hence the "Bosch Centennial Site." Check out the "Celebrating 100 Years in the USA!" link for information on its history, products, fun, events, and attitude.