Date: August 24, 2017
Time: 11:00 am ET
Duration: 1 Hour
Sponsored By: aPriori Technologies
Engineers and project managers throughout all discrete manufacturing industry verticals are becoming more responsible for the cost of products they are developing. These teams do not traditionally have an effective, consistent way of evaluating cost early in the product development cycle, which is when the greatest potential for cost avoidance exists.
This webinar will include a detailed examination of the latest product cost management software technology, and how it can be used in New Product Development to solve these common problems:
- No Visibility to Manufacturing Cost Drivers – design & engineering teams do not have tools that provide them with quick visibility to the manufacturing and cost consequences of the decisions they make each and every day.
- Inability to Efficiently Cost Tradeoff Scenarios – engineering teams often have a good idea that if they could switch from one material to another, or design for an alternative manufacturing process that they could save money and accelerate time to market;
- Shorter Product Lifecycles – intense competition for market share is putting price and feature pressure on product development teams to deliver innovative new products to market faster and more efficiently than ever before.
This webinar will include a short presentation followed by a detailed product demonstration and will include a review of real-life customer examples from companies such as Spirit Aerosystems (the world's largest first-tier aerostructures manufacturer) and Wuzheng (leading agricultural equipment provider headquartered in China).
Lessons to be learned from this technology focused program include how you and your project team can:
- Identify and Eliminate Cost Drivers Early – aPriori manufacturing simulation helps users quickly identify cost drivers and potential manufacturability issues during preliminary design phases through quick costing of your 3D CAD models.
- Improve Product Value with easy to generate cost/value tradeoffs.
- No Surprises – Track calculated cost against target cost at the component and system level on a week to week, month to month basis.
All attendees to the event will be provided with FREE access to aPriori’s Training website and have the opportunity to work directly with the software via a ½ day self-guided training module.* Following the webinar program, attendees will be contacted by an aPriori representative to schedule a convenient date for this trial offer.
*aPriori reserves the right to refuse access to the aPriori training site for any attendees perceived to be direct competitors of the company.
VP Strategic Marketing & Product Management
Julie Driscoll is responsible for aPriori’s marketing strategy and product direction. Her focus is defining aPriori’s product cost management suite and helping manufacturers use cost data to improve the value and reduce the cost of their products. She joined aPriori in early 2006. Julie brings over twenty years of marketing and service delivery experience, previously working in a variety of marketing and consulting management roles at Oracle, ProfitLogic and State Street Bank. Julie holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and an MBA from Babson College.
Product Line Manager
Mark Dignum is one of aPriori’s Product Line Managers, specifically tasked with helping to define and deliver to market aPriori’s Design-to-Cost (DTC) solution.