The RC Series relays from IDEC are designed to be mounted directly onto a PCB using through-holes and can be soldered using different methods, including wave, dip, robotic or hand-soldering. With a height of 16.5 mm or less, the relays have high voltage and current ratings relative to their size and weight. The RC Series replaces and upgrades the company’s RJxV Series PCB mount relays.
Key features of the RC Series PCB relays include:
- Coil voltage ratings from 5/12/24/48/110 VDC, equipped with contacts rated at 24 VDC and 250 VAC
- DPDT version features 8A contact ratings
- SPDT version comes in 12A (standard) or 16A (high capacity) options
- Can operate in temperatures from −40 to 85 C
- Obtained certifications from cUL, VDE, CQC and CE.
The relays are available in a range of low-profile configurations and provide high-capacity power switching, performing reliably in challenging environments. They have a long life of 20 million operations at a frequency of 18,000 times per hour when unloaded, or at least 100,000 times at rated load.
With an impulse withstand voltage of 10,000 V, they are well suited for use in electromagnetically challenging environments. Applications include appliance electronics, audio-visual components and OEM machine automation.