In these transformative days, a design must be many things to many people. And as the contents of this eBook illustrate, manufacturers of all kinds are taking a fresh look at design as a function of process improvement, as well as of operational efficiency and profitability.
What You'll Find Inside
- Designing Models That Can be Built. If a part or prototype of a part is going to be machined, engineers can more tightly control costs if they understand the problems machinists face with less than optimal designs.
- Five Emerging Technology Trends ASME is Following. What’s coming down the line that could transform the engineering profession? The American Society of Mechanical Engineers has identified some key technologies—and is looking at ways to help shape their development.
- DfX: How Design for Excellence Guides Product Development. Avoid issues and oversights by applying a coherent and systematic set of guidelines to the product development cycle.
- Don’t Overlook Planning: 5 Ways to Get Growth Right at the Start. Define, measure and analyze your performance to make the right capital investment.
- Pass the Shock Test: a Case Study in Designing a Custom Isolator. A team of engineers leverage custom design and analysis to build a reliable isolator solution for the Navy’s Columbia-class submarine.