Pack Expo will feature more than 1.2 million sq ft of exhibit space spread out across Chicago’s McCormick Place from Oct. 23-26. There are a wide variety of packaging and conveyor solutions as well as the modern technology to drive them.
But even as Pack Expo is a forward-looking event, it also takes time to gather people in smaller groups to discuss specific issues and forges stronger industry ties. Among the groups meeting at Pack Expo 2022:
The Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) seeks to recruit, retain and advance women’s careers in packaging and processing. Registered attendees of Pack Expo can the annual PPWLN Breakfast on Tues., Oct. 25 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. CT. Dawn Hudson, the former chief marketing officer for the National Football League and current CEO of Pepsico North America, will discuss her experiences in the workforce.
The PPWLN networking event is sponsored by: Emerson, ID Technology, Morrison Container Handling Solutions, Plexpack Corp., Septimatech Group Inc. and SMC Corporation of America.
In addition to these events, several key industry partners are holding meetings and events. The Pack Expo Industry Meets program brings together industry partners and for meetings, conferences and receptions in conjunction with PACK EXPO International. Among them:
- 3-A’s Hygienic Equipment Design meeting
- Active & Intelligent Packaging Industry Association – Smart Packaging: The Transformational Marketing Tool event
- The Association of Plastic Recyclers – Plastic Package Design to Meet 2025 Circularity Commitments
- Cold Pressure Council Annual Conference
- CPA, The Association for Contract Packagers & Manufacturers – Meet & Greet Reception
- Flexible Packaging Association – Flexible Packaging Crash Course, sponsored by the Flexible Packaging Association’s Emerging Leadership Council
- International Bottled Water Association’s Annual Business Conference Institute of Packaging Professionals’ Fundamentals of Medical Device Packaging Course
- MHI Industry Group Sessions and Networking Reception
- National Fluid Power Association’s Fluid Power Forum
- OMAC – The Organization for Machine Automation and Control Member Meeting and Conference
What’s New at Pack Expo: Emerging Technologies
More than 2,000 exhibitors will display the latest innovations for packaging and consumer packaged goods (CPG) applications. Among this year’s innovations on the show floor:
At booth N-5362, Epson Robotics will exhibit its GX-Series SCARA robots designed for complex and demanding tasks and the RC+ Express visual development software solutions for simple and effective integration.
Also on display is the GX8 robot, which offers multiple arm configurations and a reach of up to 650 mm. With Epson’s patented GYROPLUS Technology, it accomplishes the most demanding tasks with leading-edge precision to support higher throughput needs for high precision applications. A demonstration will show how the GX8’s innovative slimline design can easily integrate into Cleanroom (ISO 3) and ESD as well as Protected IP65 environments.
Balluff also will have a series of automation presentations and demonstrations during Pack Expo 2022. Among the topics to be covered:
- Smart Automation & Monitoring System
- Quick and Easy Format Change
- 3D Machine Vision for Robotic Applications
- Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance
- Controls Architecture and IIoT
- Hygienic & Washdown Devices
- RFID and Traceability
- Liquid Level Detection